We've put some measures in place to protect you and our people when you travel with us.
Please check the latest Government guidance prior to travel on GOV UK
To apply for a COVID test please visit GOV UK
Before you arrive at the airport.
- Before you leave home for the airport check latest flight updates and check in online via your airline's website or app and download your boarding pass.
- Ensure you have all travel documents before setting off and are aware of the latest Government guidelines.
- You won't be permitted to enter the terminal without a face covering, so please make sure you bring one with you.
Please click on the link below for the government guidelines on who is exempt from wearing face coverings. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#exemptions-face-coverings
When you arrive at the airport
- Sanitise your hands as soon as you arrive using the sanitiser available.
- If additional sanitiser or face covers are required, these are available via dedicated vending machines located within the train station or terminal entrance.
- If you're travelling to the airport by car, make sure you book and pay for your parking in advance online to avoid any contact with payment machines at the terminal. Where possible, leave a clear bay between vehicles for social distancing.
- If you need a luggage trolley, use the wipes provided within the terminal entrance and ensure you return it prior to security.
- Before approaching the terminal, make sure you're wearing your face mask.
- Only passengers travelling will are permitted to enter the terminal building.
Inside the terminal building
- There will be hand sanitiser stations every 20 paces.
- You should ensure hands are regularly sanitised, and you wear your mask at all times.
- We encourage you to check in luggage where possible.
- Bio-shields are present at all face-to-face locations such as check in desks, security, and immigration to protect both you and our people.
Sanitise your hands before entering security and ensure you have your boarding pass ready to scan at the e-gates. This will prevent contact and enable you to enter the security area for processing.
As you approach the e-gates, you will notice thermal temperature cameras. These will monitor your temperature as you pass through security.
To prevent unnecessary contact during bag checks, we have invested in next generation technology which means that liquids under 100ml and laptops or tablets may be able to remain in your bags when you pass through security. The equipment is currently being trialled and so we ask passengers to ensure liquids are placed within a clear bag and laptops are ready to be removed if required.
When open, purchases in shops should be contactless. Social distancing should be observed throughout, much as it is within supermarkets.
We will provide updates as outlets re-open via our social channels.
We have a pop up cafe within departures serving hot drinks and snacks at this time.
Restaurants may offer takeaway services, use the free terminal WiFi to download the Grab App to place and pay for your order.
It is possible to refill your water bottle in departures and there is vending available throughout.
Social distancing measures should be respected at all times. Within the toilets, sinks are taped off to encourage space between customers. Distancing should also be observed when using terminal seating and moving around.
If you require special assistance, please book in advance as normal.
Deep cleaning will take place every night with regular sanitisation of hand rails and surfaces, so it's likely that you will see the cleaning team during your visit. Information will be provided throughout your journey through signage and public address announcements. There will also be members of our team on hand should you have any queries.
When your flight is called for boarding there may be a different process to follow. This will vary by airline, so please familiarise yourself with their procedures before arriving at the airport and follow instructions.
Once aboard the plane, please be aware that your airline may have additional measures in place.
We're continuing to invest in a safe passenger journey and are currently in discussions to implement further technology-based safety measures. Updates will be shared via our social media channels.
Thank you for choosing to fly from London Southend Airport, we look forward to welcoming you soon.
For further information or to share your feedback from your recent journey experiencing the new measures please email LSAMarketing@southendairport.com