London Southend Airport is very pleased to announce that we will, once again, be hosting the Annual Charity Santa Flights on:
Saturday 7th December 2019
Treat you and your family to the magic of Christmas and catch a fun-filled flight full of carols and Christmas activities. This year the festive fun starts in the departure lounge to get the full immersive experience of travelling out of London Southend Airport. There will be a specially designated area full of festive fun and activities, including:
- Robin Hood panto themed arts and crafts by The Cliffs Pavilion
- Christmas snow globe bouncer by Mega Inflatables
- Face painting by Mrs Claus
- Mince pies, gingerbread men, candy canes and other treats
- Selection of hot/cold drinks and mulled wine
- Christmas stalls - buy your last minute stocking fillers
- PMS Elves Behavin' Badly characters
- Letters to Santa and magic postbox
- Walk around children's entertainment by Ziggy Zoo
- Live festive music
Once on board, the 45 min flight will take place over the local area, towards London (if the weather allows), with a surprise appearance from Santa Claus. His Elves will inject fun throughout the flight with carol singing and games – everyone will be expected to join in, adults included! On arrival back to the terminal all children will receive a goody bag very kindly donated by PMS international (Worth RRP £20), where they will be met by Santa's little helpers.
All proceeds from this spectacular event will be donated to local charitable causes. Last year we donated over £14,000, which we hope to beat this year with the support of our amazing staff and local businesses. Find out more about all of the amazing charities that were supported last year.
Look out for an announcement regarding the Santa Flights raffle. We already have some amazing prizes donated. We will be advising how to buy tickets here soon!
All ticket prices are £80 per person - Infants under 2 go free.
There are two flight options to choose from:
- Option 1: Arrive at 13:00 for Check-in ready for festive fun and a flight departure time of 15:00 - Expect to arrive back between 15:45 and 16:00.
- Option 2: Arrive at 15:00 for Check-in ready for festive fun and a flight departure time of 17:00 - Expect to arrive back between 17:45 and 18:00. (Please note that this flight will be in the dark but you will see the Christmas lights over the surrounding towns)
Getting To and From
Information on how to get to and from London Southend Airport can be found on our website.
Arriva are once again offering free bus travel to and from the event. Details on how to get your free bus tickets will be provided in your booking confirmation email.
London Southend Airport will also offer discounted car parking. Discount codes will be available upon booking.
London Southend would like to thank our 2019 sponsors
PMS International for donating toys
easyJet for assisting with the aircraft and crews
The Cliffs Pavilion for providing Robin Hood panto themed entertainment, giftbags and raffle prizes
Arriva for donating free bus travel to/from the venue
Mega Inflatables for donating the Christmas snowglobe bouncer
Ziggy Zoo for providing children's entertainment
And a special huge thank you to all the London Southend Airport and Stobart Aviation Services staff that work tirelessly to make this event happen!